Saturday, February 9, 2008

Relaxing morning :)


Rob went to the hotel to get some sleep after staying the night with Coop. The little man has had a relatively calm morning since I've been here possibly due to the extra Ativan. The nurse checks in periodically and the weekend attending Dr (Dr.Glasgow) also came in to assess him. She said that we have a lot of things to work on. First, we need to get these storms under control, so she is increasing the Baclofen to relax his muscles a little more. Then we will be able to focus on rehab including physical therapy, occupational therapy, hearing testing, and eye sight testing (probably on Monday). When the Dr. came in and checked him over he did open his left eye and gazed in her direction, however, it still doesn't look like he is focusing. At the care conference they estimated we would be here for 2-4 more weeks, but we all know that time frame is up to Charlie.

I hear Britt is having a great time in Disneyland. So far his favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean. I can’t wait for him to come home tonight so I can hear all about "the happiest place on earth". Now that we have moved out of the
PICU Britt will be able to see “Jack Jack”. The hospital has a program where they talk to siblings about the tubes and machines that little Charlie is on so Britton won’t be frightened. I think it has been tough on Britt to not be allowed to see his little buddy for two weeks. We will probably bring him in after pre-school on Monday.

PS-Meggie-Thanks for the baby legs. I know Charlie loves them!
(posted by angel)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You don't know me. I just heard about Charlie from a friend. I have been following your story all week. I have a baby boy who is only five days older than Charlie. I am baffled by how arbitrary and swift all this is. My heart and sympathies and thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you enjoy improvement soon. God bless you.

whit said...

He's looking stylin' in the babylegs - we need to get him the skull and crossbones pair, then he'll look especially tough.

Megs said...

Angel,
I found your blog through Roxey's blog. I am really sorry about all that's going on...I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Rob. Love,
Megan (Zacher) Butler

Sam said...

Hey Guys-

Charlie looks so adorable. My heart goes out to you and everything you are dealing with. You are incredible parents and we are constantly thinking of you.
Love you,
Sam

Anonymous said...

The new unit is nice and comfy. I am glad Charlie is in there. I got to see a so-called "mild" storm and boy does that baby work hard. He will have no muscle atrophy.

I am glad my hubby got to see this first hand as he asks about him 20 times a day. Rob and Angel, you are amazing and what strong people you are. They are making a whole host of new friends with Angel's kindness and Rob's ... well, Rob is Rob. It was very entertaining half hour.

Bless you little man, you've got a big world out there waiting for you,not to mention a big beautiful new house...

Love You, JIll b

Anonymous said...

i just want people to know that we hit are 10,000 mark today ,that just shows you how many people love and care for this boy