Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday night...........

Well, Grandma Kathi and Auntie Susie are holding down the fort tonight. Angel and Rob have kept quite a vigil at this hospital. We peeled them out of here for a few hours and they headed to Fred and Aimee's resturant. This was a MUCH needed 'out' so a great big thanks for the generosity of Cafe' Molise.
Charlie has had a pretty good day. He is having more frequent storms but they are less severe. Charlie has graduated from the PICU (YEA and not so YEA) and he is now in the neuro trauma unit which is right next to the PICU. He has is own room and so his guests are very comfortable. There are lots of new doctors and nurses to get to know. Auntie Susie thinks he looks a BILLION times better than he did a week ago. Grandma Kathie said he is less rigid and much calmer than he has been. YAHOO! Hopefully we are on the path for a good night! Keep those prayers coming!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Charlie! Its good to hear you got out tonight. Thanks to Kathi and Susie for encouraging that one! Just got back from your new house and wanted to comment on some fabulous men. Jared,John,and Steve were there working their little hearts out. What an example of selfless love. I can't believe the amount of work that has been done in just a week! What an amazing family I am blessed to be a member of. Your house is beautiful and literally built out of love. Stay strong and hang in there. We're praying our hearts out for you!!!

Anonymous said...

"Auntie Susie" makes my oldest sister sound very very old... like you have glasses on the edge of your nose and a walker old.  Love you Suz!

Andrea said...

Just letting you know that I am still thinking of you always. I had a discussion with Dr. Lam today about Charlie. He said he has been getting all the information from the hospital and has been thinking of him too.

Andrea Mathis

Jay said...

keep on fighting little guy you look good. It seems I am a bit under the weather so I will see you in a few days love you buddy.

Anonymous said...

All that I can say is, "Ditto" to Erin's comment. What an amazing family! And Erin, What is wrong with glasses on the end of your nose? Love, Grandma Kathi

Anonymous said...

You don't me, but I just read your blog and was so touched. It makes me want to live in the moment and cherish everyday, because you never know. You are in my prayers. I pray that sweet Charlie will continue to progress. Stay Strong and may the Lord bless you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news... Cafe Molisse' is a great retreat... I am so happy things seem to be improving. You guys are the best and Charlie you have the greatest family in the world..

Bless you, JIll B