Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another MRI

Neurology requested a new MRI to be done today in light of the recent breakthrough seizure activity. They have reserved two appointment times for him one at 11:30 where they will try to get him to hold still with just a loading dose of phenobarbitol. (slim chance) The second time they have is at 4:00 for if he won't hold still and they need to sedate him. In order to give sedation medication he needs to not have anything in his stomach for 6 hours so he is off of his feedings for the time being. Infectious Disease stopped by and let us know that there is no new growth in any of the further CSF samples so it looks more and more likely that the staph was a contamination. They will leave him on vanco one more day because there is so much going on today. They will also plan on doing a CT next Friday to assess the abscesses in the brain. If all looks good neurosurgery will plan on internalizing the shunt the following Monday. We are anxious to talk to neurology today. I'll let you know what I find out a little later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob and Angel,
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby boy. We are praying for you. With family as positive, strong and loving as you all are, he will only gain strength and fight this battle any way he can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Love,
jesse and lori

Trish said...

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the first MRI was successful and our little man was able to relax through it. I am so impressed, but not one bit surprised, with how strong you are Rob and Angel. You two are an amazing inspiration...thanks. :-) Hang in there and give Charlie and Britt a squeeze from their Aunt Trishie.