Charlie had a fairly uneventful night. He mostly slept with a few wakes for meds, diaper changes and mucus suction. He had a great gag this morning at the 6:00 suction. The nurse and I were very impressed - open mouth and all.
Dr. Such-Neiber came by this morning and said that they are working on:
- Getting Charlie's meds grouped together
- Starting Bolus feeding (feeding all-at-once instead of continuous feeding)
- The ENT will be working on fitting his aids to see if he can tolerate something in his ears or maybe some hearing.
- She ordered a new kind of splint for Charlie's hands. They will be more like gloves. His boots are working great on his feet.
- The swallow test will be done today. that is putting fluid in his mouth while a live ex ray machine sees what is happening. We have seen him swallow some.
- She might have the test done again on his sputum to see about the flu results. She thought that it was "odd" to have it come back positive and she would like to see Charlie be able to leave the room for various things.
Charlie has been awake for 3 1/2 hours and he has been very calm and putting up with all of the pokes and probes from all of he nurses this morning. Now he has gone to sleep and resting peacefully.
I love that kid!!! Grandma Kathi
P.S. Rob, your friend, Dave, is Charlie's nurse today.