Friday, March 7, 2008

More Results :(

The ENT resident came to tell me MRI results of the ear and there is evidence of ossification. He had not yet reviewed it with the radiologist or Dr. Park (who is out of town for one week). So this means we will need to make a decision regarding the cochlear implants sooner rather than later. We had planned on deciding in the next 2 months. I asked what the timeframe is and he would recommend implanting as soon as Charlie is medically stable. They are able to do cochlear implants with ossification but it is a more challenging procedure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry this speeds up the timetable but I am confident this is going to work out. Good luck little guy!

Anonymous said...

I will continue to have faith and pray for you and Charlie. There must be a purpose in all of this! I know you will be watched over.

Andrea said...

Charlie! You know you don't have to do everything in such a hurry and you don't have to be first at everything either. Relax...give your parents a break. You better be a perfect teenager!

Suz said...

Seriously Cooper! Listen to Andrea--She has some great points! I am sad about the ossification but I am a fan of getting things done by noon.

Still hopeful.....XOXO