Friday, March 7, 2008
Charlie's tests were postponed until 11:30 today. I was able to watch the brain CT and the ventricles looked just as big as last time to me. Then he was off to get the MRI of his ears. The anesthesiologist wanted to make sure I understood that sedating Charlie is riskier than a normal child due to his already decreased respiration abilities (labored breathing and inability to gag/swallow appropriately) He thinks it may take him up to a week to recover and he may need to be put back on oxygen or re-intubated. He hopes not but there is a chance.