Monday, February 25, 2008
Surgery is postponed
Because of the slight possibility of infection, Dr. Osguthorpe feels it is better to wait a couple days to make sure. We will see what the samples from Saturday and Sunday grow on their 48 hour cultures. We are tentatively re-scheduled for Wednesday morning with Dr. Brockmeyer if the subsuquent cultures are negative. Better safe than sorry! There is a risk of infection with any shunt surgery so we certainly want to be sure that there is no additional risk that we can control. Thanks for all your prayers so far.