Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just a little update


If you are like me, you turned on your computer first thing this morning to see if there is any news about little Charlie. Well, not much is happening here but I'll post a little something.

He wasn't very happy last evening - nothing seemed to help from 5:30 p.m. -1:00 a.m. (except for an hour nap). He didn't like the swing, rocking by g-ma, repositioning, diaper changes, etc. About 12:30, nurse Amy suggested a bath. He tolerated it and did seem to like the warm water on his body. After drying, lotioning, wrapping in a warm blanket, a fresh diaper, and a few meds, he fell asleep and had a wonderful sleep until about 5:30 a.m. (anyway that was when I first heard him.) He slept through meds, vitals and putting on his booties at 4:00 a.m. He has been fussy for awhile this a.m. but is resting now.

Angel can tell you more about his schedule for today and plans for the next few days when she gets here. I hope she had a nice b-day yesterday. She spent time will Britt, Max and Ann while G-ma Kathi was here.

I love this precious little boy. Sometimes it is hard to watch him when he is aggitated and there's nothing a g-ma can do to comfort him. Thank goodness for meds and medical personnel who can offer some relief to to this wonderful little guy.

My prayers are for a good day = a few improvements, some good naps and encouraging news.
G-ma Cheryl

9 comments:

Marilee said...

Cheryl, thanks for posting. I do, in fact, check first thing every day. I wondered why there was only one post yesterday. I'm glad it was because Angel got out and celebrated her BD.
(Though why one would celebrate getting older is beyond me.) You are a good and faithful granma.

Meghan said...

thanks for the update mama. i'm glad you guys got things worked out so you both could sleep a bit last night. and i am glad ang got out with britty for awhile on her happy to you day.
char is so lucky to have such sweet wonderful gramma's who love him so much.

Roxey said...

Thanks for the update! I pray for some improvements and encouragement today too. Love and prayers, Rox

Anonymous said...

I look every morning to see how Charlie is. thank you for your update. You are an awesome grandma! My prayers are for another good day and positive progress!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of Charlie sleeping peacefully. Here is to a peaceful day!

Shani said...

You are right. I do check first thing every morning, and late morning and early afternoon, and late afternoon and early evening...I think you get the point! And I pray in between each post and each time I get to see him, praying for even the smallest improvement. I love you Charlie- and even though my ADD mind is going a billion miles a minute, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you Jack Jack!

Anonymous said...

We all check on Charlie alot. Praying for him in Montana.

Anonymous said...

i check up on him several times a day too! we're still praying for his sweet little self.

Anonymous said...

I hope you know what a beautiful little boy you have...I think people like me who don't even know you have just fallen in love with this little boy and your family. What a good grandma he has and family support. He is just beautiful. I'm so sorry that he us uncomfortable, and hope that he will find some relief tomorrow. I just hope and pray that Charlie will be well again. He is SO CUTE, I don't think I have seen a more sweet little face than his. Thank you for sharing Charlie's story with us--we hope we will continue to get updates even when you leave PC's! You're in our daily prayers, Charlie!