Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy to You!! Coop is 2!

May 3rd was Char's birthday. We didn't do much being that it was Sunday and all but we will be having a celebration after the race on May 16th. So if you run in the race please feel free to join us to celebrate this great milestone with him.
Britt woke up and wanted everyone in our family to match with our Charlie shirts and jeans so we all did then got out of them to go to church then back in them to go to family dinner. Matching his little brother is one of Britt's favorite things, that and pushing his stroller/wheelchair. I hope he always that pround of his little bro.

Britt helped blow out the two candles and then shared some delicious cake with him. As you can see from Britt's own face, he doesn't have the greatest aim so Coop had a little too much shoved in at once. Good thing Aunt Suzie was there to zone in on the target. He also got hooked up with great gifts of essential items! Thanks everyone.

In the last week or so Coop has "not hated" (one step below saying he "likes" something- but huge step up from his usual grimmace) having tastes of food as he once did. Big step for us. I'm not sure why things have improved but I hope it's here to stay. Dr. Such-Neibar instructed us to give him strong flavors to wake up the tastebud instead of bland baby food. So we give him tastes of A1 sauce, marinara, Arby's sauce, salsa (he didn't care for this- I think he may be a "super taster" like his father), peach freezer jam (thanks Amanda), and Diet Coke. It's just what every toddler likes right?


Coop has hated the car for a year because it restricts him in a bent position instead of being arch backwards. Many times when we arrive at a destination 10 minutes away we will have to take off his clothes because he has sweat through them and it drives Rob nuts to hear him cry so much. So the best news of the week is that Rob discovered that he likes the sensation of wind blowing in his face and will often smile when he feels it. It only works for a few minutes but the important thing is that it works!!!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!! Good to see all the cute pictures. The same shirts in honor of the big day -- how darling is that!!

Love ya,
Stefanie

THE COX FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday little man. That cake looks delicious. What a fun video too. Your boys are adorable.

Meghan said...

LOVE THIS! love sweet britt who wanted to dress the same as a fam. so sorry we missed it... we do have a fairly useful gift for him... just like every toddler wants.
happy BD coop. love you so much.
xoxo, auntie meggie

Paige said...

That video is so cute. It looks like he is raising his arm to imitate Britt. I am so glad he is starting to like food again! I hope he had a great birthday!

kathy said...

Wow, Charlie looks good! I started following your blog several months ago and am amazed at the improvement he seems to have made over that time. I will keep your family in my prayers, although the list is long (blogstalking has it's drawbacks!).

Mom of three ♥ said...

Happy Birthday to Charlie! So glad to see all the fun pictures of him and Britton.

April Greener said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!

I have been a faithful follower, but never commented. This little video made my heart melt though, and I had to tell you so.

Kristin said...

I especially love listening to Britt's laughing in the background, then getting to see him enjoying the fun with his brother... melts my heart!

The Cricket on the Hearth said...

Happy Birthday, little man! I love seeing the Charlie smiles! And Britt's laughter just makes me happy! It's very touching to be able to see the interaction between these brothers... Obviously, love is spoken here.

Amanda said...

Oh baby C, happy birthday! You make two look darling! Glad my jam could be a part of his life, and I think that wind in the face theory is terrific; who doesn't like a little breeze in the car?

Ang, Whit and I are scheming to get us all together with kids and husbands at the park. You in? I'll email...

Trish and John said...

Happy To You day Char! We are so proud of you and so happy for all of your improvements. I too look forward to a nice big cold Diet Coke myself here in a few weeks! Keep it up little fighter!

The Baum's said...

OMG - wow! He looks so good! It's so fun that he's doing some usual baby/toddler things. And, he has the best big brother ever, what a sweetie! We were supposed to be in Mexico during the 5K, but obviously we cancelled it. I'm not in running shape, but I'm planning on coming to support! Love you guys!

Kelly said...

That was a great video! He totally looks like he's trying to imitate his brother. With the smiles and arm raising. I know that it may have been just a reaction to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (or Rob's driving). Happy Birthday to you, Little Cousin! Keep up the great work!

Heidi said...

What a fun day, Happy Birthday Char!!!

Unknown said...

Cutest vid evah! Happy birthday Coop and thanks for continuing to share your life with us in internetland.

Mills Family said...

Happy Birthday to Charlie, I am so glad he is doing so well, he is so cute! That video is way cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
LOVE he video :-) Thanks for posting it. I know how that takes time and energy you might not feel you have sometimes...

Britton's laugh is so great and i love the arm raising-like they're on a roller coaster!

You both are doing a great job with those kiddos :-) See you next Saturday at the park!

Kara

Anonymous said...

My heart just melted when I watched the video! Your boys are absolutely darling! Happy Birthday sweet Charlie! My daughter and I are looking forward to seeing you on the 16th! Thanks for sharing such cute pictures and the video!
Connie

Anonymous said...

happy birthday charlie! love the video and the smiles!

Anonymous said...

What a great day for Char & your family. Brit is such a champ with his little bro. I love the wind video & Brit's giggle put to Char's face is so great b/c it's almost like you can feel Char letting the giggle out that he wants too. :) You are all priceless!

Megan and Alyvia said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!!!! This video melts my heart. How sweet! We
can't wait to see you guys at the 5K!!

Eleyna Julia said...

Happy birthday sweet boy! Char looks really good. I have a question about the race on Saturday. We went to register online the other day and it said registration was closed. Can we register the day of at the race? It seems like there were people doing that last year. Just wondering. Let me know if you get a sec.

Charlie Cooper said...

Yes Emily you can register the day of the race. Hope to see Hunter there again!!!

Matchbox Mom said...

Happy Birthday Super Coop!!!!
That video is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - that video is so cute. It seems like he and Britt are sharing a brotherly moment of bliss. I love Coop's smiles! Happy birthday Charlie!

Your friends in NC

Anonymous said...

Look at him SMILING and moving around!!! Oh, he has made so much progress...this made me cry watching these two little brothers playing in the wind! What a beautiful little clip!