Saturday, July 26, 2008

Angie Nadauld


You all don't know me from a whole in the wall, and you probably will never know me. I have been following your story for quite some time. Call me a blog stalker if you will, but I get really intrigued by stories of young children. I got to your blog through little Andrew Mathis, who also has no clue who I am but I know Andrew's Gramma as she lives in my ward.


Anyway, I will cut to the chase, little Charlie has touched my heart. I mean that with all sincerity. I have a son his age, and a son who is four years old. I often times would get frustrated with my two little naughty boys, and I still do, but I have such a greater appreciation for them. I saw what happened with little Charlie, how he was healthy and happy, to now being deaf and blind. How devastating. But the way in which you handle the trials you have been given, have touched me beyond belief. I am sure you have gone through many stages of grief, but I am so touched at the complete dedication you have to that little guy. It is amazing to see how you have accepted the trials you have been given, and enjoy the best parts of life.


I am a huge Ute fan. THis is another area of major change of thought. I have NEVER been a fan of BYU. I don't know why, maybe it is the fact that I am a U of U Alumnus, or maybe I just don't like the color blue, and the fact that their QB cried on TV after losing a game had a huge impact on my outlook on the team. But the fact that both of those football teams came and spent time with Little Charlie, have changed my out look. BYU is as cool as the U Of U.


So to summarize, Charlie and your whole family has taught me to appreciate what I have. I now appreciate that I have two boys that are capable of being naughty. I appreciate that I have two little dudes that will fight and steal toys from one another, because, who knows what may happen. It is all in the Lord's hands. I have learned to be grateful for what I have, and because of that I enjoy my boys that much more!


Sincerely, Angie Nadauld, a complete stranger!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Angie,

You are not a complete stranger. We often link to your blog through the Homer's blog. Thank you always for checking in with us, too.

Andrea Mathis

Anonymous said...

Dido.

About the appreciation.

Not so much the U part. Although I am a die hard ND fan (you know it's true due to the fact that I will admit it after last season) I do have a little spot in my fandom for the Y. But hey, I will be a huge U fan on Aug. 30.

Charlie, it has been a while since I said hi. Don't think for a minute that I forgot about you. You and your parents still inspire me daily. I love to check in and see what you are all up to. Thanks for allowing all of us into your lives.

Go Irish. Okay, okay, Go BYU too.

Marilee said...

Being a blogstalker is not so bad. I do it all the time.
Feel free to add school affilations. Me-BYU, husband-Weber & Duke, children-University of Memphis. The Beach Boy song says--"Be True to Your School"
I say-which one??? (oh dear, I just dated myself with the Beach Boys)
Great picture of Charlie. He is now officially a toddler. Cute too.

Anonymous said...

This game is fun...thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Cougars! I'm also a complete stranger who has fallen in love with Charlie. I'm loving the idea of letters from the outside... maybe I should write one?

Anonymous said...

Charlie has gotten so big. You have a beautiful little boy. Two. Thank you still for sharing his story and now stories of how he has touched the lives of so many. I have no connection (except Go Cougars!) but was touched in a way I didn't think possible. I have children of my own and am thankful for the tender way his parents have cared for him through this trial. The way they have been examples to all of us that try to make it through our seemingly small trials in comparison and still be positive. You are a precious child of God.