Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Prayers for Petey

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
A year and a half ago, I met a super sweet girl named Jenn who had spent hours making a totally awesome blanket for Charlie (pictured above). She is one of the most giving and talented people I know. She had followed Charlie's blog because of a dear friend and I'm so glad to have met her.

Now she and her family are dealing with some pretty rotten stuff. Her husband had a heart attack on Sunday and was given a 2-5% chance of survival.
Mind you that he is only 31 yrs old (I think), but he is a fighter and he has already surprised many. The words Jenn stitched into Charlie's quilt like "inspire" and "hero" apply to her and her husband too. Please join us to pray today for Pete, his wife Jenn, their two boys and their yet-to-be-born baby girl. Follow their journey here

The love and support Rob and I felt through the blog comments carried us through some rough times. I hope Jenn can feel our love too.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

you are the best. i love that you have a chance to pay it forward with Jen. she is a doll...
still praying and hoping and grateful for the miracles their family has already experienced... here's to hoping for more!

Peterson Fam said...

I am so glad you posted this Ang. I remember being at your house when Jen brought the quilt over. I used to work with her at Sheer Indulgence and she is truly a very giving person and I will keep her in my own prayers.

Ganny said...

I am Jen's Ganny. She has always been soooooo!!!!!!! special to me. It was so sweet of you to post this blog. I have followed Charlie's blog from the very beginning. Love and prayers to you too. Lawanda Wyatt

Tara Bennett said...

I was blessed to meet Hunter and his mom today. When I was talking about some different therapies I've tried and would like to continue to try with my daughter, Emily referred me to you and this blog. I am so intrigued about this seminar you went to and the type of therapy(s) you're doing to help sweet Charlie. I wish you the absolute best in your incredible efforts. If he could progress on love alone, he would have already exceeded all of us! I know he will continue to improve. Best wishes!

If you'd like any other ideas, I do recommend looking into a few things that I've read about and personally witnessed dramatic changes with my daughter: ABM therapy & Dan Nelson (astrophysicist in Helena, MT). Both are definitely left of center approaches, but the proof is in the pudding!

Now I'm off to google this Institute for the Achievement of Human Potential. I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!